Did you know only 16% of users read web pages word-for-word? Or that line length affects readability? Research suggests that only up to 75 characters per line is acceptable.
Here's a list of my go-to places for web usability best practice
- Article : How Users Read on the Web
- Book: Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- Tool: Online Character Count Tool
- Website: Writing for Gov.UK - see top link "Writing well for the web"
- Guide: "Tips for clear websites" (under heading "Special subjects")
- Online courses: Lynda.com
>> Get in touch if you'd like me to review your website.